You have been through a lot of stress and it is taking a toll on your mental and physical health and well-being.
- Chronic stress can wreak havoc on one’s digestion, hormones and a number of other body systems, increase the risk of a number of mental health issues and promote inflammation. What many don’t appreciate is that even if some of the stressors abate, the physical imbalances often remain until they are supported to heal.
You feel depressed, low in energy and hopeless.
- I work with people suffering from major depression and grief, Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D) and bipolar depression
You experience persistent worry or troubling thoughts, disturbing dreams or nightmares.
- I work with people suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and a variety of sleep disorders.
You suffer from digestive upset or vague, unexplained abdominal symptoms.
- Digestive health issues can often result from chronic stress and can go hand-in-hand with mental health issues (the gut-brain axis). I work with people diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), ulcers, and a wide-range of functional GI (Gastrointestinal disorders) to restore and optimize their digestion.
You feel as though you are not as vital, energetic and clear-headed as you once were.
- Stress, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, mental illness, trauma, food allergies and a number of other disorders can detract from one’s physical and mental health and focus.
You are highly sensitive to people and the world around you and need health care that supports you and your resilience without being overpowering.
- I work to optimize one’s health to increase one’s resilience as I support your sensitivity by using gentle, carefully selected medicines and interventions and teaching you tools to make the most of your skills/gifts.
You have experienced one or more traumas you feel that you haven’t recovered from.
- Trauma can have a significant and lasting negative impact on one’s physical and psychological health. I work to restore balance and strength to your mind and body and to provide you with resources to move through the lasting effects of traumatic events.
You have an intuitive sense of your health and are seeking someone who can tune into this and support this gift.
- One often has a sense through dreams, subtle intuitions and observations when things are off balance or starting to go awry with their health. I value these insights and work with you to find answers, support and healing.
You are plagued by trouble sleeping which exacerbates your mental &/physical health issues.
- Insomnia and sleep disorders often accompany mental health issues and can be causes or exacerbated by physical health imbalances and disorders as well. I work to restore balance and improve health holistically so that better quality sleep, and greater overall health, can be realized.
You’ve you been working with a therapist and learning the depths of your psyche, but yearning to get to know your body more and how it and your mind interrelate.
- Psychotherapy with a skilled therapist can be profoundly healing. For some suffering from chronic health issues, this healing can provide some relief from the physical symptoms, for others, further supportive care is needed to evoke physical healing and to help re-unite mind and body.
You have a history of chronic urinary or pelvic issues that aren’t resolving with conventional care.
- Chronic genitourinary complaints (Interstitial Cystitis, Vulvar Vestibulitis and other conditions) are often related to stress, trauma and abuse and can also occur with food allergies and as a result of other factors. I work singly, and sometimes allied with specialists to unravel the contributing factors so that you can experience relief.
You have a history of symptoms that defy diagnosis, are labeled ‘psychosomatic’ or the result from stress or grief (but that hasn’t helped you to overcome the symptoms).
- Conventional medicine’s diagnostic framework is typically one that only detects disease when it is more advanced and severe. Natural medicine looks at health and illness on more of a spectrum and thus can detect and work with subtle imbalances and multiple inter-related issues simultaneously.
You have a feeling that your health care has not evaluated your health (labs, physical exam, imaging and history) comprehensively and you continue to have symptoms as a result.
- I have been trained extensively to look at one’s health through many different lenses and to examine subtle imbalances and patterns that can precede more frank illness. I work towards optimal lab ranges and employ laboratory testing that evaluates for function and not just disease-related abnormalities. I perform extensive physical examinations, focused on detecting nutritional deficiences and subtle imbalances and risks. I conduct an in-depth initial intake to obtain a comprehensive medical history. This approach allows me to help you in preventing progression of disease and to re-gaining optimal health.
If this speaks to your experience and resonates with the kind of care that you are seeking, I invite you to read about My Philosophy.